The 2016 Montrose Christian Writers’ Conference:
One Step Closer to Publication!
REMEMBER TO HONOR OUR BRAVE VETS TODAY!
Plan to come to Montrose this July!
As director of the Montrose Christian Writers’ Conference, I guarantee you’ll find faculty members who will help you get published. Besides 43 afternoon classes that cover everything from self publishing to blogging to writing novels to working with an editor to public speaking, we have an excellent line-up of continuing Major Morning seminars, concentrating on a specific genre or subgenre with best-selling authors:
- THE IRRESISTIBLE NOVEL – Jeff Gerke
- WHAT’S YOUR STORY? (How to Write a Memoir) – Larry Leech
- THE INSPIRATION & THE PERSPIRATION (Beginners) – Roseanna White
- FOCUS ON JUVENILE FICTION – Jeanette Windle
If you have a manuscript, and you’d like to show it to an editor or agent, plan to meet any of these faculty members, who just might be interested enough to consider it for publication:
- SUSAN M. BAGANZ – acquisitions editor with Prism Book Group (romance novels)
- JIM HART – agent with the Hartline Literary Agency (fictional suspense, romance, women’s fiction, & some sci-fi)
- MARSHA HUBLER – acquisitions editor with Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas juvenile & tween fiction, adult fiction)
- ROSEANNA WHITE – managing editor of WhiteFire Publishing (non-fiction, romance (both historical and contemporary), biblical fiction, suspense, women’s fiction, and speculative fiction)
- JEANETTE WINDLE – acquisitions editor with Kregel Publishing (tween and adult fiction)
We also have three work-in-progress sessions this year with award-winning authors, who will work with you on your manuscript and get it publishing ready. (These WIPs are limited to 8 conferees each, so don’t wait to register!):
- FROM GOOD TO BETTER TO BEST (FICTION) – Gayle Roper
- HONING YOUR NONFICTION – Kathy Ide
- POETRY (EXAMINING WORKS IN PROGRESS) – Shirley Stevens
Check All the Details:
Please check out the Montrose Bible Conference website for all the details, including a listing of all classes and activities, a brochure, and a registration form.
We’d love to see you at Montrose from July 17th to the 22nd. But…if you can’t make it for the week, plan to come for a day or two. I promise you won’t be sorry.
(More shameless promotion)
A HORSE TO LOVE
Foster kid Skye Nicholson hates everyone and everything until she meets Champ,
a gorgeous show horse. Then everything changes…for both of them.