July 29, 2014
LOUELLEN FRIESEN CLOSES OUT THE HHP BLOG TOUR!
By Marsha Hubler
For the last fifteen days, several Helping Hands Press authors have participated in a summer reading blog tour where we introduced the blogging audience to our stories and characters. To end the tour, I now introduce you to one of my main characters, the wife of Eli Friesen, in my Amish/Mennonite novel, LOVE SONG FOR LOUELLEN:
1. What is your name? Mrs. Louellen Friesen
2. What one word best describes you? Forgiven
3. How do you first become involved in this novel? I make my entrance on the first page. I am cleaning house for an “English” doctor, David McAndrew, and, God forgive me, I have strong feelings for this man even though I’m married to Eli Friesen.
4. What worries you? I am childless, which is a blight in the Mennonite community. I worry that I’ll never have children.
5. What is your favorite song? After reviewing my life and how God has shown his mercy and grace to me, I’d have to say my favorite hymn is “Amazing Grace.”
6. What is your favorite food? Everyone knows the Amish and Mennonite communities know how to cook. I have many favorites, but at the top of my list would be chicken pot pie with home-made noodles and fresh chicken prepared at our Snyder County farm.
7. What do you think of the other characters in the novel? Oh, there are so many folks in this story, I can’t comment on all of them, so I’ll just mention a few. I think my husband Eli has grown so much in the Lord as we’ve worked out our problems. Doctor McAndrew and his two teen girls, Andrea and Jenna, are wunderbaar “English” folk, and I care deeply for them, but our paths had to separate due to unforeseen circumstances. My Amish community? There are so many dear folk that Eli and I have to leave behind when we are shunned, and then we must eventually leave our friends. My heart still aches to see them all.
8. Are you pleased with your life as the novel ends? I am extremely well pleased because God performs several miracles that bring Eli and me closer than we’ve ever been before. And God gives us a special blessing that you’ll only discover when you read LOVE SONG FOR LOUELLEN.
Check out the other authors in the
HELPING HANDS PRESS SUMMER READING BLOG TOUR
They all have exciting tales to tell!
Monday, July 14 – Ruth L. Snyder http://ruthlsnyder.com
Tuesday, July 15 Cindy Noonan http://CindyNoonan.com
Wednesday, July 16 Mishael Witty http://bluebrownbooks.com/
Thursday, July 17 – Michele Huey http://michelethuey.com/
Friday, July 18 – Patti J. Smith http://gridirongrannyfootballfanatic.blogspot.com/
Saturday, July 19 – Amber Schamel http://amberschamel.blogspot.com/
Sunday, July 20 – Mark Carver http://www.markcarverbooks.com
Monday, July 21 – Marian Baay http://marianbaay.blogspot.nl/
Tuesday, July 22 – Jen Cudmore http://www.jencudmore.com
Wednesday, July 23 – Tracy Krauss http://www.tracykraussexpressionexpress.com/
Thursday, July 24 – Marcia Laycock http://marcialeelaycock.com/thespur/
Friday, July 25 – Joy Davis http://www.joyrossdavis.com
Saturday, July 26 – Travis Perry http://travissbigidea.blogspot.com/
Sunday, July 27 – Mark Venturini http://markventurinijourney.blogspot.ca/
Monday, July 28 – Iola Kirkwood http://iokirkwood.com/